Thursday, June 26, 2008

God's Honeymoon

Entry for November 02, 2007

I read somthing beautiful yesterday. It regarded Jesus' suffering on the cross. A question was raised as to what Jesus ment by saying: "My God my God why hast Thou forsaken me?". There were a few answers that pointed out that Jesus became sin and died our penalty to pay. Then there was an answer that shocked me.

I remember waking up and feeling the glow of life surrounding me. I remember feeling clean on the inside and free of anxiety. Some Christians call this the "honeymoon" period that one enters after recieving the Spirit. I distinctly remember this period of my life as being Golden. I was actually living. I have hope of what is to come from that time. I need to say that I don't feel that way anymore and I had thought that it was my fault for straying away.

The answer that shocked me called attention to the reason that the Spirit was able to enter my sinful condition. Jesus' suffering was both physical and spiritual. His spiritual suffering was an entering into my condition as seperated from God. That is my entering into relationship with God. And, just as he lived in perfect relation with God, suffered temporary seperation before death and then was raised to a perfect relationship again, I live in seperation from God, recieved temporary perfect relationship before death, and will be raised again to perfect relationship.

No comments: